Sunday, January 11, 2009

Kate Hepburn

My husband says that I am often at my best when I follow the dictum "Damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead!"

That's exactly the way Kate Hepburn conducted her life. And it's not surprising that I do the same thing as Kate although I do try to think of consequences when I charge ahead. Kate and and I were brought up in the same communityas both our families settled in Hartford, Ct and had summer homes in the Borough of Fenwick, which is a section of the town of Old Saybrook, CT.

Kate's niece, Kathy ("Guess Who's Coming to Dinner") and I were childhood playmates and spent lots of time in Kate's house in Fenwick together. In my book, "Surviving High Society" I relate a few unknown stories about Kate.

Kate was absolutely determined to live life exactly as she wanted to and she did. The fact that other people had rights similar to hers was something she didn't think very much about. She was Kate and that was that.

No comments:

Post a Comment